When it comes to fly fishing, having a kayak that will allow you to comfortably sit on the water is important. Fortunately, there are many different models of kayaks that are ideally suited for fly fishing; today, we’ll be looking at some of our top picks for the best fly fishing kayaks so that you can choose one that meets your budget, requirements, and more!
Top 5 Fly Fishing Kayaks
Lifetime Tamarack Pro 103 Sit On Top Kayak
- Equipped for Fishing: Built in rod holders (1 Adjustable, 2 Flush Mounted), accessory mounting, tackle box storage, and a ruler to measure your catch.
- Maximum Comfort: The adjustable framed seat and adjustable footrests let you optimize your comfort to the ideal position.
- Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance and Chine Rails for Stability
- Center Storage Hatch with Bucket Included; Deeper Tank Well for Greater Storage Capacity
- Front and Rear Bungee Cords to Secure Loose Items; Paddle Keeper to Secure Your Paddle to the Kayak
This model of kayak from the Lifetime store is sturdy and stable in the water, making it an excellent choice for those looking to enjoy a spot of fly fishing. It is built with a paddle keeper, three fishing rod holders and an accessory mounting unit, giving users the tools that they need to enjoy a relaxing day out on the water.
The kayak is designed with numerous features that help to ensure it is stable in the water, including deep hull channels and chine rails. It’s width also helps with this, giving users the most comfortable experience possible; the framed seat further provides support for users, too.
Priced from just $489, this is a highly affordable model of kayak. It has achieved an average rating on Amazon of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak
- 5-minute setup lets you spend more time on the water
- Easy-to-carry backpack system turns into the seat
- 21-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
If it’s affordability that you’re looking for, few kayaks can offer better value for money than this model from Sevylor. Priced from just $138, it is one of the most affordable models of fly fishing kayaks online; despite this, though, it has still managed to achieve an impressive average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars from over 1,100 past customers!
The kayak is designed with a unique backpack design that makes it easy to transport and carry around. Indeed, at just 18 pounds in weight, it is one of the most lightweight fishing kayak models around; however, it has a generous maximum capacity of 400 pounds when fully inflated. The backpack then transforms into the seat of the kayak upon inflation of the kayak, giving a comfortable support for users.
Inflatable kayaks can sometimes be tricky to use as fishing kayaks due to the risk of puncture, but this model is designed with 21-gauge PVC construction and a tarpaulin base that make it suitable for use with more rugged waters ,and the multiple air chambers help to keep the kayak afloat and safe even if one should get punctured.
Pelican Sit On Top Kayak Sentinel 100X
- Compact 9’6” kayak built for the recreational paddler looking for an easy-to-store kayak with reassuring stability and a comfortable seating system
- Comes with our new ExoShell 13L removable storage compartment.
- Made with our patented RAM-X material, an exceptionally durable triple-layer high molecular weight polyethylene, which creates a strong yet conveniently lightweight kayak that comes with a Limited Lifetime on both the deck and hull.
- Weighing only 42 lb. makes this kayak easy to carry and store. Maximum capacity of 275 lb.
- Our unique manufacturing process allows us to add additional flotation in the form of foam blocks between the deck and the hull. These foam blocks make the kayak more rigid and ensure paddler safety.
As Amazon’s Choice and one of the most popular models of fishing kayaks, this model from Pelican is arguably one of the best fly fishing kayaks you’ll find online. It has an average rating of an impressive 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on the opinions of almost 180 past customers. Furthermore, priced from $808, it is also a relatively affordable choice of sit on top fishing kayak.
The kayak comes in a choice of two different colors: EXO Neptune white and light khaki. Its lightweight design also means that storing and carrying the kayak is easy, but it is still capable of supporting up to 275 pounds of weight! This is achieved thanks to the company’s use of high molecular weight polyethylene, designed in multiple layers, to give maximum buoyancy with minimal weight.
Old Town Sportsman BigWater PDL 132 Pedal Fishing Kayak
- Ideal for open water anglers and tournament fishing pros, the Old Town Sportsman BigWater PDL 132 pedal kayak's easy-to-use forward/reverse pedal drive provides easy, hands-free navigation and fishing; pedal drive is removable for easy transport.
- All Old Town Sportsman fishing kayaks are packed with handy convenience features, including customizable accessory tracks, cushioned floor pads for both better comfort and grip, a custom tackle box, and plenty of rod holders.
- The kayak's universal transducer mounting system makes it easy to mount your favorite fish finder (sold separately), and a side-mounted hull paddle clip keeps your back-up paddle secure and out of the way while you fish. Paddle sold separately.
- Offering a superior seat design with great lumbar support, the premium mesh seat helps you stay cool and comfortable all day long on the water and easily adjusts to your leg length for optimal comfort.
- This 13-foot, 2-inch kayak has a 500-pound maximum capacity and usable capacity for people and gear of 383-pounds. The kayak weighs 96 pounds and the removable pedal console weighs 21 pounds.
This model of fishing kayak is one of the priciest on our list, however, it is rapidly rising in the rankings for the most popular fishing kayaks on Amazon, based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank for fishing kayaks.
It is priced from $2599, but if it’s quality fly fishing you’re after, this model offers it all. As well as being a pedal kayak – making it easier for you to get through the water quickly – it offers numerous features designed just for anglers. This includes customizable accessory tracks, custom tackle box, rod holders, and a universal transducer mounting system. The side-mounted paddle clip also ensures that you won’t need to worry about your paddle getting in the way when you’ve found the perfect fishing spot.
The kayak is heavy, weighing in at 96 pounds in weight, but it offers a highly impressive maximum weight capacity of 500 pounds. As such, if it’s a sturdy and durable fishing kayak you’re after, this could be a great model for you to consider!
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Stable Flat Bottom. Deep Hull Tracking Channels. Stability Chine Rails
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders. Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Front and Rear Shock Cord Straps
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
- Two 6" Storage Compartments in Rear and Center. One Paddle Keeper with Shock Cords. Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
- Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction. 5-Year Limited Warranty
When it comes to fishing kayaks, few are more popular and reliable than the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 fishing kayak. Priced from just $439, it is affordable for most kayakers; furthermore, as the second most popular model of fishing kayak on Amazon, and with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on over 460 past customer reviews, it’s safe to say that this model delivers.
The kayak weighs in at 54 pounds and can support up to a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds. It is designed with anglers in mind, and as such offers numerous features for a comfortable fishing experience including two flush mounted fishing rod holders as well as a top mounted rod holder. Additionally, the kayak is designed with a paddle keeper to keep your paddle out of the way during fishing.
Its durable construction makes this model one of the best options on the market for fly fishing kayaks. It is designed with a stable flat bottom and deep hull tracking as well as stability chine rails, all of which promote its buoyancy and stability. Furthermore, the kayak also comes with a 5 year limited warranty, giving customers confidence in the quality of the product’s construction.
The best fly fishing kayaks come in a wide selection of different styles, materials, colors, and designs, as well as with widely different budgets. However, by considering our review of the best fly fishing kayak models on the market, we hope that you may have found a model that will suit your needs so that you can get out on the water more quickly!