Fishing kayaks can be an expensive investment, but it is possible to find great quality models of fishing kayaks on a more reasonable budget. Today, we’re looking at the best fishing kayaks under $700 so that you can choose a model that meets your needs as a great option of fishing kayak!
Top 5 Fishing Kayaks Under $700
Lifetime Tamarack Pro 103 Sit On Top Kayak
- Equipped for Fishing: Built in rod holders (1 Adjustable, 2 Flush Mounted), accessory mounting, tackle box storage, and a ruler to measure your catch.
- Maximum Comfort: The adjustable framed seat and adjustable footrests let you optimize your comfort to the ideal position.
- Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance and Chine Rails for Stability
- Center Storage Hatch with Bucket Included; Deeper Tank Well for Greater Storage Capacity
- Front and Rear Bungee Cords to Secure Loose Items; Paddle Keeper to Secure Your Paddle to the Kayak
This model of kayak from the Lifetime store has achieved an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars and is ideal for use as a fishing kayak, thanks to the choice of three fishing rod holders. As well as this, it offers space for accessory mounting brackets, tackle box storage, and more!
The built in oar holder also provides additional support and stability for fishing enthusiasts, meaning you can spend more time fishing and less time worrying about what to do with your paddle when it’s not needed! The kayak comes with a five year warranty and is priced from just $489.
Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak
- 5-minute setup lets you spend more time on the water
- Easy-to-carry backpack system turns into the seat
- 21-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
This model of inflatable kayak from Sevylor is one of the most popular choices of inflatable kayak on Amazon, and its stability in the water also make it an excellent choice of fishing kayak too. Its 21-gauge PVC construction ensures that it is rugged enough for use in many terrains, while the tarpaulin base provides an extra level of structure and protection for the kayak. An additional benefit of this model is that it is easy to setup in just five minutes and, when uninflated, has a handy backpack design that makes moving the kayak easy!
The kayak has achieved an average rating on Amazon from over 1,100 past customers of 4.2 out of 5 stars. Priced from just $138, it is also an incredibly affordable choice for those wanting to get out on the water and enjoy a spot of fishing for the day!
Perception Rambler 13.5 Sit On Top Tandem Kayak
- The roomy, two-person design maintains the maneuverability of its smaller sibling, while adding stability | Can be configured for a solo paddler with installation of 4 deck loops
- Product dimensions – 162” L x 34” W | Deck height – 15.5” | Weight – 78 lbs. | Weight limit – 550 lbs. | Scuppers – 6
- One-piece rotational-molded kayak | Paddles are not included | Perfect for all skill levels
- Can be used on lakes, ocean bays, light surf or even slow moving rivers | Large rear open storage for cooler and other gear | Additional mold-in center seat for the kids or dog
- Roomy molded-in seat is easy for anyone to get in and out | Removable padded seat and backrest with adjustable support | Multiple footrest options accommodate paddlers of all sizes
This model of sit on top kayak from the Perception Kayaks store is hugely popular among recreational and fishing kayakers alike. It is designed with stability in mind, and the wide, flat hull helps to ensure that it is suitable for all water types – from lakes and slow moving rivers to out on the ocean, this sit on top model of kayak can handle it.
The kayak weighs in at 78 pounds, making it one of the weightier models of kaykas on our list. However, it is capable of supporting up to a maximum weight capacity of 550 pounds which is quite generous for a fishing kayak. Furthermore, the multiple footrests ensure that kayakers of all heights can use the kayak comfortably and safely.
The kayak comes in a dapper color and is priced from $579. It has achieved an impressive rating from over 100 past customers on Amazon of 4.5 out of 5 stars and is also the tenth most popular model of fishing kayak, based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank of the same name.
Intex Excursion Pro Kayak Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: Light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valves for easy inflation and fast deflation
- Includes 2 removable skews for deep and shallow water, 2 floor mounted footrests, 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders, 2 adjustable bucket seats
- Removable and adjustable mounting bracket for additional accessories, such as GPS systems, fish finders, swivel fishing rod holders etc. Includes a carry bag and repair patch
- Storage space in bow and Stern with stainless steel d rings for tying down Dry bags and gear; Kayak total weight capacity: 400 pounds
Inflatable kayaks may not be everyone’s first choice, but this model of inflatable fishing kayak from the Intex store is definitely a great pick if you’re looking for a reliable fishing kayak under $700. The model itself is currently ranked as the most popular choice of fishing kayak on Amazon, based on the Amazon best Seller’s Rank for fishing kayaks, and it has achieved a highly impressive 4.4 out of 5 stars from over 2,100 past customers – not bad at all. It is priced from just $495.
The kayak itself features two floor mounted footrests and two removable skews, depending on the level of directional control needed. Furthermore, it also features two integrated recessed fishing rod holders and many options for removable and adjustable extras. The mounting bracket ensures that you’ll never need to worry about taking your favorite fishing equipment along for the ride.
The kayak can support up to a maximum weight capacity of 400 pounds. In addition, it is an incredibly lightweight model at just 39 pounds in weight, making it easy to move about.
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Stable Flat Bottom. Deep Hull Tracking Channels. Stability Chine Rails
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders. Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Front and Rear Shock Cord Straps
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
- Two 6" Storage Compartments in Rear and Center. One Paddle Keeper with Shock Cords. Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
- Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction. 5-Year Limited Warranty
Designed specifically for fishing enthusiasts in mind, this model of kayak from the Lifetime store is hugely popular on Amazon. It has achieved an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars from over 460 past customers and is ranked as one of the best fishing kayak models based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank for fishing kayaks. Furthermore, with prices for the kayak starting from just $439, it is also one of the most affordable models of kayak that you’ll find.
The kayak is made from UV protected, high density polyethylene and comes with a five-year warranty, giving users confidence in their purchase. In addition, it has a stable bottom to ensure users get the most comfortable experience possible. It also offers two flush mounted fishing rod holders and a top mount fishing rod holder, giving users more than enough options for where to put their fishing rod while waiting for a bite! The padded seat also makes the kayak comfortable while waiting.
The kayak features two six inch storage compartments in the rear and the center. Moreover, the paddle keeper ensures you won’t have to worry about your paddle getting in the way while fishing! It can support up to a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds, too, which isn’t bad at all for a kayak that weighs just 54 pounds itself.
There are a huge number of different fishing kayak models on the market today. Unfortunately, many of these can seem incredibly expensive, especially if you are new to the world of kayak fishing. However, that’s not to say that there aren’t some great bargains to be had all the same, and hopefully, our review of our top five picks for the best fishing kayaks under $700 will have given you some ideas about a model that could be right for your needs.