When looking for the right model of fishing kayak, it’s important that you know how to find one that balances great features with great value for money! Fortunately, we’ve written a review of our favorite models of fishing kayaks under $600 to help you find a model that offers the features you’ve been looking for. Don’t compromise on quality for your new fishing kayak; let us help you find the perfect model of fishing kayak today!
Top 5 Fishing Kayaks Under $600
Sevylor Big Basin 3-Person Kayak
- Heavy-duty PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
- Boston Valve is double threaded for easy inflation/deflation
- Adjustable seats move to fit you; Carry handles make it easy to carry in and out of the water
As the most affordable model of high quality fishing kayak on this list at just $266, this model from Sevylor is a popular choice for those wanting to balance a good kayaking experience with value for money.
The kayak is designed with stability in mind. This is always something that’s important to check when buying a fishing kayak; fortunately, this model is made with heavy duty PVC to keep it strong in even more rugged waters. Furthermore, it is designed with multiple air chambers; as such, even if one should get punctured, the other air chambers serve to keep the kayak buoyant and sturdy in the water so you can safely get back to the shore or lake edge.
The kayak has achieved an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars from over 140 past customers and is ranked as one of the most popular models of fishing kayaks based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank of the same name.
Intex Excursion Pro Kayak Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: Light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valves for easy inflation and fast deflation
- Includes 2 removable skews for deep and shallow water, 2 floor mounted footrests, 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders, 2 adjustable bucket seats
- Removable and adjustable mounting bracket for additional accessories, such as GPS systems, fish finders, swivel fishing rod holders etc. Includes a carry bag and repair patch
- Storage space in bow and Stern with stainless steel d rings for tying down Dry bags and gear; Kayak total weight capacity: 400 pounds
One of the best ways to judge the quality of a kayak you’re buying online is to consider past customer reviews – and with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars from over 2100 past customers, this model from the Intex store passes this test with flying colors! The kayak is also priced at just $495, putting it firmly within our list of the best kayaks under $600.
The kayak is notable for many different features, including removable skews, floor mounted footrests, two integrated fishing rod holders, and plenty of other options for adding and removing features. It is also able to support an almost unrivalled 400 pounds of weight capacity, despite weighing in at just 39 pounds itself.
Lifetime Tamarack Pro 103 Sit On Top Kayak
- Equipped for Fishing: Built in rod holders (1 Adjustable, 2 Flush Mounted), accessory mounting, tackle box storage, and a ruler to measure your catch.
- Maximum Comfort: The adjustable framed seat and adjustable footrests let you optimize your comfort to the ideal position.
- Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance and Chine Rails for Stability
- Center Storage Hatch with Bucket Included; Deeper Tank Well for Greater Storage Capacity
- Front and Rear Bungee Cords to Secure Loose Items; Paddle Keeper to Secure Your Paddle to the Kayak
This model of fishing kayak from the Lifetime store is highly popular for many different reasons, not least for its incredible durability and stability in the water. The body of the kayak is made from premium quality materials to ensure excellent durability and the model also comes with a limited five year warranty.
It is capable of supporting up to 300 pounds of weight capacity and also features numerous other features that make it an excellent choice for use as a fishing kayak. These include two flush mounted rod holders, two mounting tracks, adjustable foot mounts, a center storage hatch, and a paddle keeper to ensure that your paddle is kept safely out of the way while fishing!
The kayak is rated at an impressive 4.2 out of 5 stars and is priced from just $489.
Perception Tribe 9.5 Sit on Top Kayak
- Perception’s bestselling sit-on-top kayak – Made in the USA – Top choice for beginner to intermediate paddlers
- New adjustable framed seatback with cushy padded seat pan - Paddle with greater comfort
- Molded knee/Thigh areas for added comfort/fit
- Integrated footrests to accommodate paddlers of different sizes
- Front and rear tank well storage with bungee tied owns
Priced from $559, this model of fishing kayak from the Perception store is the most expensive on our list of the best fishing kayaks under $600. However, it still offers an excellent user experience; as such, it should absolutely be a model that you consider when looking for the ideal fishing kayak for your needs.
The kayak has sleek hull tracks for great tracking, as well as a wide and flat base that keeps it comfortable and stable in even choppier waters. It is, as such, a great model of kayak for all levels of fishing kayakers to enjoy! It can support up to a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds, too, which is especially generous when the model’s own weight of just 46 pounds is considered.
The kayak has achieved an average rating from over 110 past customers of 4.7 out of 5 stars, making it one of the most highly rated fishing kayaks around. It is one of the most popular models of fishing kayaks on Amazon, based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank of the Same name.
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Stable Flat Bottom. Deep Hull Tracking Channels. Stability Chine Rails
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders. Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Front and Rear Shock Cord Straps
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
- Two 6" Storage Compartments in Rear and Center. One Paddle Keeper with Shock Cords. Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
- Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction. 5-Year Limited Warranty
If it’s a great fishing experience you’re after on a budget, this model of fishing kayak from the Lifetime store is one of the most highly rated and sought after models online! The kayak is capable of supporting up to a maximum of 275 pounds – not a bad capacity at all – and weighs in at a moderate 54 pounds in weight. It is made from premium quality, UV-protected high density polyethylene which provides maximum buoyancy while reducing the weight of the kayak.
This model features a large selection of different rod holders, including two flush mounted rod holders and a top mounted fishing rod holder. Additionally, it features a paddle keeper to make sure you don’t lose it while reeling in your next catch!
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 fishing kayak is also designed with a focus on stability. This is achieved thanks to the inbuilt chine rails and hull tracking, thereby giving great stability while still allowing for manoeuvrability in the water.
The kayak comes with a five year limited warranty. It has achieved an average rating from over 460 past customers of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
There are a huge number of different models of fishing kayaks on the market nowadays and choosing the perfect one can be tough. This is especially true when so many of these models seem to be incredibly expensive, potentially costing $1000 or more! Fortunately, though, there are multiple other models of fishing kayaks under $600 that can still offer a great user experience without breaking the bank! Hopefully, our review of the best fishing kayaks under $600 will have given you some ideas about how to find a model that’s right for your unique needs.