Fishing kayaks can be an expensive investment. However, they don’t necessarily need to be if you find the right model! Indeed, there are many models of fishing kayak priced at $500 or less, and if you can find one of these, you could save a huge amount on the price of your next fishing excursion!
But how can you find the best fishing kayak for under $500? Today, we have listed some of our top picks for the best budget fishing kayaks so that you can pick a model which meets your needs.
Top 5 Fishing Kayaks Under $500
Bestway Hydro-Force Cove Champion Inflatable Kayak Set
- TAKE SUMMER TO THE NEXT LEVEL: Drift along the lake, river, or ocean in the Hydo-Force Cove Champion Inflatable Kayak. Perfect for adventures and exploring the open water! It comfortably seats 1 passenger with a weight limit of 220lbs.
- COMPLETE SET: This kayak set comes with everything you need to get you out on the water fast! A durable, double-sided paddle, air hammer hand pump, and a heavy-duty repair patch are included.
- RIDE COMFORTABLY: The wide-opening cockpit features an adjustable seat with a backrest for extra lumbar support! There's also plenty of storage areas for travel and adventure equipment or necessities.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT KAYAK: Because the kayak is inflatable, it can be deflated and folded up into compact size making it convenient for travel or storage purposes. The removable fins add directional stability and easy storage.
- TIE IT UP: The wraparound grab rope surrounds the entire exterior of the kayak for easy transport. It also gives you the ability to tie up to a dock or an anchored spot.
This model of inflatable kayak from Bestway is priced from just $96, making it one of the most affordable kayaks you will likely find. Despite this, though, it is still designed to provide a secure, stable, and comfortable kayaking experience for users. It can support up to a maximum capacity of 220 pounds and an adjustable seat.
The kayak itself is made from sturdy PVC material and features a removable fin to make for easy manoeuvring through the water. It weighs just 19 pounds, too, making it incredibly lightweight and easy to move compared to some models of kayak.
The kayak itself has achieved a respectable average rating on Amazon of 3.5 out of 5 stars and is the 10th most popular model of fishing kayak. Indeed, it it’s affordability you’re looking for, you’ll be hard pressed to find a model cheaper than this one.
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Stable Flat Bottom. Deep Hull Tracking Channels. Stability Chine Rails
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders. Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Front and Rear Shock Cord Straps
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
- Two 6" Storage Compartments in Rear and Center. One Paddle Keeper with Shock Cords. Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
- Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction. 5-Year Limited Warranty
This model of fishing kayak from the Lifetime store comes in a choice of three colors: light brown, blue, or green. It is made from premium quality, UV-protected high-density polyethylene. The flat bottom nature of the kayak ensures that it is stable during use, meanwhile the kayak also features stability chine rails and deep hull tracking channels to further ensure it remains stable in the water.
For fishing enthusiasts, the model comes with two flush mounted fishing rod holders and one top mount fishing rod holder. In addition, it features a paddle keeper for use when fishing.
The model offers a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds, which is suitable for most kayakers, and measures at 120 by 31 by 14 inches. It comes with a 5-year warranty and has achieved an impressive average rating from over 440 past customers of 4.3 out of 5 stars. It is the second most popular model of fishing kayak based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank for fishing kayak models.
Perception Flash 9.5 Sit Inside Kayak
- Extreme stability and easy paddling characteristics make this kayak ideal for beginners and leisurely afternoon voyages - Made in USA
- Dual tracking channels keep the boat on course; the kayak's short length makes it exceptionally maneuverable
- Adjustable foot braces accommodate paddlers of different sizes. The zone comfort seating with a high Seat back make for a comfortable ride for paddlers of all sizes.
- Easy access dashboard with cupholder and small gear storage
- Perfect for lakes, ponds, slow-moving rivers and calm coastal environments
This model of fishing kayak from Perception Kayaks comes in a choice of three different colors: blaze, classic camo, or Earth. It is designed with stability and ease of manoeuvring in mind; as such, it is the ideal kayak for beginner and more experienced kayak fishers alike.
The model features a 10-inch storage hatch which allows users to keep their gear dry while on the go. Moreover, it is also built with molded-in rod holders to make for convenient and comfortable fishing on any watercourse. The dashboard of the kayak also has an additional space for storage of small gear and a cupholder.
The model is lightweight for a non-inflatable kayak at just 41 pounds and can support up to a maximum capacity of 325 pounds, including luggage and equipment. It measures in at 9.6 by 28.5 by 12.5 inches in size.
The model is ranked as the 16th most popular fishing kayak based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank of the same name. It has achieved an impressive average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on over 110 past customer reviews and is priced from $372.
Pelican Maxim 100X Sit In Recreational 10 Foot Kayak
- Lightweight and easy to carry with Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport this Sit-In kayak has a maximum capacity of 275 lb. / 125 KG
- Includes a Storage hatch with bungee cord and a Storage Platform with a Mesh Deck Cover to store all your gear for your trip on the water
- The Shallow V Chine hull Design provides good stability and maneuverability while providing very good performance.Do not use chemical products or abrasives
- Includes a Cockpit Table with bottle holder, Molded Footrests for Comfort and Secure Foot Bracing and a drain plug preventing water infiltration
- The ERGOFORM Seating System includes a padded seat cushion and an adjustable padded backrest cushion providing better support
This model of kayak from Pelican is widely regarded as one of the most popular models of kayak for fishing. It is priced from just $389 and is designed with user comfort in mind; as such, the ergonomic padded backrest and molded footrests are included to ensure that users are happy and stable during use.
The model offers a storage hatch and storage platform and can support up to a total capacity of 275 pounds, despite only weighing 36 pounds itself. It is also tailored for optimal stability during use thanks to its shallow V chine hull.
The model has achieved an average Amazon rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on over 125 past customer reviews and is considered the 7th most popular model of fishing kayak.
Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak
- 5-minute setup lets you spend more time on the water
- Easy-to-carry backpack system turns into the seat
- 21-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
When it comes to great value for money fishing kayaks, there are few better than this model of kayak from Sevylor. Featuring a unique backpack design when uninflated, it is easy to move and transport; moreover, when inflated, this backpack transforms into a padded seat.
The kayak itself inflates quickly and easily in just 5 minutes, and the 21-gauge PVC construction ensures that it is rugged enough for use in multiple terrains. Meanwhile, the multiple air chambers ensure safe kayaking experiences even if the kayak should hit a snag.
Overall, the kayak is incredibly popular; indeed, it is the fifth most popular model of fishing kayak based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank and has achieved a phenomenal 4.2 out of 5 stars from over 1000 past customers. The model has featured in many video reviews of the best fishing kayaks, too, adding further credibility to its suitability as a fishing kayak. And, priced from just $149, what’s there to lose?
There are numerous different models of fishing kayaks available, however, some can be more expensive than others. If you take the time to look, though, you could find a great bargain on the price of your next fishing kayak!
Hopefully, our review of the best fishing kayaks under $500 will have given you ideas about the right choice of budget fishing kayak for your needs! Whatever the case, though, it’s important that you check that the model you’ve chosen will provide you with the fishing experience you want; with our top picks, though, you shouldn’t need to compromise!