When it comes to fishing kayaks, it’s important that you choose a model that will provide you with the support you need to stay stable in the water. Indeed, many fishing kayaks offer a fair weight capacity, however, it’s also important that you choose one that will be long enough to comfortably accommodate you during your fishing trips. As such, we have spent some time looking for the best fishing kayaks for big guys so that you can find a model that’s perfect for your fishing needs.
Top 5 Fishing Kayaks for Big Guys
BKC PK11 Angler 10.6 Feet Solo Sit on Top Fishing Kayak
Measuring in at 10.6 feet in length, this model of fishing kayak from the Brooklyn Kayak Company is a great choice for big guys wanting to get out on the water and enjoy a day of fishing. The kayak is also able to support a very impressive maximum weight capacity of 420 pounds, making it suitable for most users.
The PK11 model of kayak comes with multiple different fishing accessories including three built in fishing rod holders, two paddle parks, waterproof hatches, and a cargo tie down area. Of course, a key feature that has to be noted for this model is also its pedal drive system, meaning that you can kayak faster than normal for effortless cruising. This also allows for easy stopping, reversing, and more!
The kayak comes in a choice of four different colors: blue, blue camo, red, and yellow. It is rated at 3.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon. It is admittedly more expensive than the other models on this list at $1397; however, the numerous features and pedal power that it offers make it worth every cent!
Pelican Sit In Kayak – 10 Feet Lightweight One Person Kayak Argo 100X
- Built using our Twin Arched Multi Chine Hull these kayaks provide excellent stability and combined with our spacious cockpits getting in-and-out of a kayak has never been easier!
- At only 36 lb the ARGO 100X is incredibly easy to transport
- The ARGO 100X also includes upgraded features geared to making your experience comfortable with inclusions like adjustable footrests an adjustable Ergoform padded backrest with seat cushion
- There is a front storage hatch with bungee cord and a rear tank well equipped with mesh deck cover as well as a cockpit table with bottle holder and convenient compartments
- To ensure you stay well hydrated there is a second bottle holder built-into the seat
Ideal for taller guys thanks to its 10 feet length, this model of kayak from Pelican is Amazon’s Choice and has achieved a highly impressive average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. Despite only weighing in at 36 pounds, it is still able to support a capacity of 275 pounds – not bad for such a lightweight model and suitable for most users. Its spacious cockpit and excellent stability further enhance its suitability as an excellent kayak for larger guys, and make it a great choice for use as a fishing kayak too.
Perception Pescador Pilot 12 Sit on Top Fishing Kayak
- Propel your exploration and fishing to a new level
- Pedal-driven performance at an unbelievable price
- Ample storage features to accommodate fishing gear
- Water Types: Flat, Slow-Moving, Calm Coastal
- Boat length: 12’ 5”
This 12 feet kayak from the Perception store is great as a fishing kayak for big guys thanks to its length and generous weight capacity of up to 475 pounds – unrivalled by any other kayak model on this list! It comes in a choice of two colors: moss camo and sonic camo.
It is the most expensive kayak at $1799, although it has achieved impressive average ratings from over 170 past customers of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Lifetime Tamarack Pro 103 Sit on Top Kayak
- Equipped for Fishing: Built in rod holders (1 Adjustable, 2 Flush Mounted), accessory mounting, tackle box storage, and a ruler to measure your catch.
- Maximum Comfort: The adjustable framed seat and adjustable footrests let you optimize your comfort to the ideal position.
- Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance and Chine Rails for Stability
- Center Storage Hatch with Bucket Included; Deeper Tank Well for Greater Storage Capacity
- Front and Rear Bungee Cords to Secure Loose Items; Paddle Keeper to Secure Your Paddle to the Kayak
The Lifetime Tamarack Pro 103 Sit on Top Kayak is a great choice for those looking for the best fishing kayak for big guys. The kayak itself weighs in at 60 pounds and can support up to a maximum capacity of 300 pounds, making it a good choice for most people; the 10-foot length further ensures that it can comfortably seat most users without being too short.
The kayak has a 5-year limited warranty and features numerous accessories that including a paddle keeper, a tackle box, a large storage hatch, and two flush mounted fishing rod holders as well as an additional adjustable fishing rod holder. The kayak also has deep hull channels which ensure that it has excellent stability and tracking in the water, further boosted by the use of chine rails, which is essential for an enjoyable fishing trip!
The kayak has achieved an average rating on Amazon of 4.2 out of 5 stars and is one of the most popular models of fishing kayaks, based on the Amazon Best Seller’s Rank of the same name. It is priced from $462, making it an incredibly affordable model as well.
Perception Outlaw 11.5 Sit on Top Fishing Kayak
- The newest generation in affordable fishing - Made in USA
- Designed to accommodate small to extra large paddlers
- Optimized and elevated seating console - frame seat folds and is removable
- Large bow and stern tank wells provide ample storage for crates and fishing gear
- 2 double-barrel rod holders can accommodate up to 4 fishing rods
This model of fishing kayak from the Perception store is a great choice if you’re looking for a sturdy and durable fishing kayak that is large enough for big guys and offers a generous weight capacity. Indeed, the kayak itself is highly buoyant and can support up to a maximum capacity of an incredible 425 pounds – more than most single kayaks! Furthermore, measuring in at 11.5 feet in length, it is also long enough for even the tallest of men!
The kayak features numerous fishing features that make it a highly popular choice for big guys and other kayakers alike! The kayak features two integrated fishing rod holders; each of these can hold up to two rods, giving the potential for four rods on the go at once! In addition to this, it also has the ability to accept accessory holders that can be easily mounted thanks to the three solo mount recesses. The 35L of storage space are also ideal for those wanting plenty of room to keep catches and equipment!
The kayak comes in a choice of three different colors: dapper, moss camo, and sunset. It has achieved an impressive average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars from over 100 past customers and is also Amazon’s Choice. Priced from $749, it is also competitively priced for all of the features that it offers.
If you’ve been looking for a large and spacious model of kayak that is suitable for big guys, our list of the best fishing kayaks for big guys will hopefully have helped you find a model that’s perfect for your needs. After all, all fishing kayaks are made differently and not every fishing kayak is made to accommodate larger people; fortunately, our top picks are great choices if you’re looking for a kayak that is spacious enough and offers enough weight capacity to give you an enjoyable fishing experience!