If you’ve been thinking about getting started with kayak fishing, then you’ll naturally be wondering which are the best models of beginner fishing kayak. Choosing a fishing kayak can be tricky, however, we’re here today to give you some ideas as to the best choice of fishing kayak for your needs.
Top 5 Beginner Fishing Kayaks
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
This kayak is highly popular among new and experience anglers alike, and is designed specifically for fishing purposes. It features two flush mounted fishing rod holders as well as a top mounted fishing rod holder, giving users plenty of choice; meanwhile the deep hull tracking and stability chine rails ensure that you’ll get the most comfortable experience while out on the water.
This model has achieved an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars from over 460 past customers. It is priced from just $439 and is one of the most popular models of fishing kayaks on Amazon based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank for fishing kayaks! It also comes with a five-year limited warranty.
Bestway Hydro-Force Koracle Inflatable Kayak Set
- TAKE SUMMER TO THE NEXT LEVEL: Drift along the lake, river, or ocean in the Hydo-Force Koracle Inflatable Fishing Kayak. Fish away the day with the ease of a inflatable kayak, no more lugging around a heavy traditional canoe or kayak! It comfortably seats 1 passenger with a weight limit of 330lbs.
- COMPLETE SET: This fishing kayak set comes with everything you need to get you out on the water fast to snag the big catch! A durable, double-sided paddle, air hammer hand pump, and a heavy-duty repair patch are included.
- FISH ALL DAY LONG: With built-in fishing rod holders, you can keep your line in the water while you relax. Built-in oar clasps also makes it easy to focus on fishing instead of finding a special place for your paddle. This is the portable, lightweight, compact, and affordable option to a traditional fishing boat or raft!
- RIDE COMFORTABLY: The wide-opening cockpit features an adjustable seat with a backrest for extra lumbar support! There are also 4 footrests to accommodate riders with different heights, so anyone can use this kayak!
- TIE IT UP: The wraparound grab rope surrounds the entire exterior of the kayak for easy transport. It also gives you the ability to tie up to a dock or an anchored spot.
This inflatable kayak from Bestway is easy to inflate and highly affordable, priced from just $100. With an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, it’s also fair to say that it performs well.
The kayak can support up to a maximum weight capacity of 330 pounds and is ideal for use as a fishing kayak thanks to its wide base and built in fishing rod holders. The kayak also features built in oar clasps and a backrest for the most comfortable fishing experience possible.
As such, if it’s a quality fishing kayak for beginners that won’t break the bank that you’re looking for, this model could be a good option for you to consider.
Lifetime Tamarack Pro 103 Sit On Top Kayak
- Equipped for Fishing: Built in rod holders (1 Adjustable, 2 Flush Mounted), accessory mounting, tackle box storage, and a ruler to measure your catch.
- Maximum Comfort: The adjustable framed seat and adjustable footrests let you optimize your comfort to the ideal position.
- Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance and Chine Rails for Stability
- Center Storage Hatch with Bucket Included; Deeper Tank Well for Greater Storage Capacity
- Front and Rear Bungee Cords to Secure Loose Items; Paddle Keeper to Secure Your Paddle to the Kayak
This model of beginner fishing kayak from Lifetime is suitable for both new and experienced anglers, thanks to the numerous features that the kayak offers. It is built with one adjustable and two flush mounted fishing rod holders, which make it easy for kayakers to make the most of their fishing experience. Furthermore, the kayak is also built with multiple other features that make it a great choice for fishing including a mounting unit for accessories and tackle box storage. The kayak also has a paddle keeper and a center storage hatch.
The kayak is designed with stability in mind. The deep hull channels ensure great tracking performance, and the chine rails further enhance this. Additionally, the wide and flat base of the kayak further improve its stability in the water; this allows new users to focus on fishing as opposed to keeping their kayak upright!
The model is priced from $489 and has achieved an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. It is one of the most popular models on Amazon for sit on top fishing kayak, based on the Amazon Best Seller’s rank of the same name.
Perception Tribe 9.5 Sit On Top Kayak
- Perception’s bestselling sit-on-top kayak – Made in the USA – Top choice for beginner to intermediate paddlers
- New adjustable framed seatback with cushy padded seat pan - Paddle with greater comfort
- Molded knee/Thigh areas for added comfort/fit
- Integrated footrests to accommodate paddlers of different sizes
- Front and rear tank well storage with bungee tied owns
When it comes to starting your new adventure as a kayak angler, you want a kayak that balances affordability with stability in the water. Fortunately, this model of fishing kayak from the Perception Kayaks store can offer exactly that. It comes in a choice of four different colors – dapper, deja vue, funkadelic, and salsa – and is highly popular, ranking as one of the most popular fishing kayaks on Amazon based on the Best Seller’s rank of the same name. The model has also achieved an average rating from over 110 past customers of a hugely impressive 4.7 out of 5 stars.
The kayak features numerous storage hatches and wells and is designed with integrated footrests to allow kayakers of different heights to comfortably and effectively use the kayak. Furthermore, its padded seat pan and framed backrest helps to ensure comfort during use of the kayak, making it one of the best options for beginner kayakers as well as more experienced kayakers alike.
The kayak itself is relatively lightweight at 46 pounds and can support up to a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds. It is priced from just $559.
Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak
- 5-minute setup lets you spend more time on the water
- Easy-to-carry backpack system turns into the seat
- 21-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
As Amazon’s Choice for inflatable kayak, and with a huge number of different features that make this kayak suitable for use as a beginner’s fishing kayak. One of the most noteworthy aspects that has to be mentioned is that of the price; starting from just $138, there are few kayaks out there more affordably priced than this, making it ideal for beginner fishers looking to get to know kayak fishing a little better. Furthermore, with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars from over 1,100 past customers, it’s safe to say that the kayak delivers on its promises.
The kayak is made with durability in mind. Inflatable kayaks are notorious for getting punctured, but this model from Sevylor is made with a tarpaulin base and 21-gauge PVC for sturdiness and durability. In addition, it is designed with numerous air pockets so that – if one chamber should get punctured – the kayak will remain afloat comfortably.
The kayak is incredibly lightweight at just 18 pounds but is able to support a maximum capacity of up to 400 pounds. Furthermore, when uninflated, it features a handy backpack design that makes transporting it a breeze; this backpack transforms into the seat of the kayak when inflated.
When choosing a beginner fishing kayak, you want a model that’s easy to use, lightweight, and also affordable in nature; after all, why would you want to blow the budget on a fishing kayak now while you’re getting used to the feeling of fishing from the water? Fortunately, there are many different models of highly affordable fishing kayaks available that are perfect for use by beginner kayak anglers, and hopefully today we have given you some ideas about what to look for from your first beginner fishing kayak too!